Godin reveals he received an offer from Russia and Turkey
Godin reveals he received an offer from Russia and Turkey. Diego Godin, 35, will return to Cagliari next week for pre-season training and discuss his future with the club.
Cagliari’s Uruguay defender Diego Godin has revealed he has received offers from Russian and Turkish clubs. But the island team will allow players to move to the agency only if they get the right compensation.
Godin, a former Atletico Madrid and Inter Milan defender, is vacationing in his home country of Uruguay. The 35-year-old defender spoke to local media outlet Otra Cabeza on Wednesday about his future at football.
‘I have one year left on my contract. Plus the option to extend the contract for another year after that,’ said Godin.
‘I’m going back to Sardinia next week for pre-season training. The club president once said they were in financial trouble. So the player who gets the right bid will enter the market.’
‘They received an offer from Russia a few weeks ago plus another offer from Turkey, but no one called me directly with details, I had Cagliari in mind, that’s the truth of the matter,’ he said. Soil said
Godin has been linked with Besiktas previously, leading to speculation that the Turkish club’s offer to Guyani could be them. With news that the island team will let Uruguay national teammate Naetan Nandez move to Inter Milan on loan with an option to buy.
‘It’s true He was in the same situation. An offer has come in and they are evaluating it. Cagliari doesn’t want to sell anyone. Unfortunately, the epidemic has had a heavy financial impact on smaller clubs,’ the 35-year-old said.